Quantcast

NewYork 93-exl1

Published on August 8th, 2015 | by Greg

0

Coming Soon: Village Voice Brooklyn Pour Craft Beer Fest!

Five years of festivals? Yes indeed- this is the fifth year for one of our favorite annual events, NYC’s own version of Oktoberfest, which brings a very American flavor to the experience thanks to a focus on small, independent breweries and beers. Thanks to a wide variety of sponsors, from Papaya King to Do NYC, you too can sample over 100 craft brews in one of the newest event venues in New York City: The Brooklyn Expo Center at 72 Noble Street.

Next month on Saturday, September 26th, we hope you’ll join us at the Village Voice’s Brooklyn Pour Craft Beer Festival, and doors open at 3PM for general admission, 2:30PM for early entry ticket holders, or 2PM for VIPs. Tickets are available now and going fast- some ticket classes sell out, so don’t delay! We’ve started a collection of the souvenir glasses, and this event is always the perfect excuse for some sampling until 6PM with a huge variety of drinks to try out.

The beer list is always wide ranging, and this year includes brands like Captain Lawrence, Angry Orchard, Rockaway, Queens, Sixpoint, Sam Adams, Coney Island, Braven, Empire, Harpoon, McKenzie’s, Anchor, Shiner, Ace and Austin Ciders, Victory, and even Singha. As always, it’ll be a party, featuring a VIP lounge and entertainment but also a food court in true Brooklyn style (vendors and other details are still TBA). VIPs get to snag some free snacks as well as a gift bag.

Tickets just went on sale at the end of last month, and run $55 for general admission. If you want thirty minutes of extra time, $10 more buys you earlier access. $85 will net you the full VIP treatment, and is usually a good deal since lines for general admission ticket holders can be quite long. The venue is easily accessible by public transit (subway, bus lines and ferry even), and makes for a great day activity with plenty of room for dinner afterwards to compare notes on some of the great new micro-brewers and the inevitable pumpkin ales.

Tags: , , , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Apple’s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑