Quantcast

NewYork safe_image1

Published on March 4th, 2015 | by Greg

0

Choice Eats 2015: 68 Restaurants In One Place!

Going out to eat is great, and ordering in can be even more fun. But one of the biggest problems is the paradox of choice- when faced with the endless options and array of restaurants here in New York City, it’s easy to be overwhelmed and settle for another night of the pizza joint around the corner. Plus, running around town to try all of the different spots, not sure if they are quite worth the time or up to your standards… it’s enough to wish that there was an easier, better way.

Luckily, there is a solution: the Village Voice Choice Eats event, celebrating it’s eighth consecutive year, and coming to town next week. Friday, March 13th from 6 to 10PM, we’ll be at Metropolitan Pavilion (125 West 18th Street) in Chelsea. At press time, they’ve announced 68 different local restaurants, featuring chefs from all over the five burroughs and cuisines from around the world: 35 nations in total, including Vietnamese, Italian, Uzbekistani, Brazilian, Cambodian, Russian, Tunisian, Greek and Cajun/Creole plus many more. We’re including the complete list at the end of the article for posterity’s sake, but trust us when we say that you won’t want to miss out.

Not only do you get to sample from the city’s best eateries, you also get desserts, complimentary craft beer pairings, wine and liquor beverages, and your free souvenir sampling glass. There will even be a photo booth, courtesy of Rums of Puerto Rico, as well as entertainment provided by DJ Jonathan ‘JC’ Clarke of Q104.3 NY. Sponsors for the event include Slow Food, McClure’s, Caleb’s Kola, and Maille, so you can be sure that even outside of the restaurants themselves that you’ll be trying interesting things.

Three tiers of tickets were available, but all have now sold out except for General Admission ($65), with access from 7-10. You must be over 21 years of age to attend, and make sure that you bring your appetite!

Attendees include: The Blue Stove, Brucie, Bustan, Butter Lane, Carlo’s Bakery, Coppelia, Delaware and Hudson, Doughnut Plant, Edi & The Wolf, Egg, El Atoradero, Fay Da Bakery, Fort Defiance, Genuine, Grandaisy Bakery, Juliette, Los Tacos No 1, Luca & Bosco Ice Cream, Papa’s Kitchen, Pickle Shack, Recette, Rubirosa, Sigmund’s Pretzels, Sugar Couture, Venturo Osteria, Veselka Restaurant, Wilma Jean, Xe May Sandwich Shop, 2 Duck Goose, 606 R&D, Ample Hills Creamery, applewood, Awadh, Baz Bagel & Restaurant, Bobwhite Lunch & Supper Counter, BOOMwich, Box Kite NYC, Brooklyn Kolache Co., Butter & Scotch, Calle Dao, Casa del Chef, Casa Mono and Bar Jamon, Commerce Restaurant, The East Pole, Fletcher’s Brooklyn Barbecue, Gloria’s Carribean Cuisine, The Gorbals, Huertas, John Brown Smokehouse, King Bee, Kuma Inn, Littleneck, Luke’s Lobster, Mable’s Smokehouse, MAX, The Meatball Shop, Mexico Lindo, No. 7, The NoMad, Queens Comfort, The Queens Kickshaw, Red Hook Lobster Pound, Robicelli’s, SCRATCHbread, Spicy Pot, Tabata Noodle Restaurant, Thai Rock, and Tuome.

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Apple’s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑