Quantcast

NewYork eastville1

Published on January 30th, 2015 | by Greg

0

East Ville Des Folies: A Roarin’ Good Time Next Saturday

There are certainly plenty of ways to warm up on a cold winter afternoon, but one of our favorites has to be with a nice cup of whiskey. And all the better if there’s music, dancing, and

Next weekend, join us for 40,000 square feet of fun as the East Ville Des Folies takes over Webster Hall. We’ve been a few times in the past, and it’s always a highlight of the events calendar. Saturday, February 7th from 2:30PM to 5:30PM, there will be a chance to sample four floors of rare whiskeys and beers. Plus, did we mention the performances? If the drinks aren’t quite enough for you, then how about the aerialist and burlesque acts by Gin Minsky, Cassandra Rosebeetle, and, erm, Rosie Cheeks.

Headlining, though, we’re especially looking forward to Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra in the Grand Ballroom. Originators of the Jazz Age Lawn Party, they always put on a great show with their brand of jazz from the 1920s and 1930s. We’re going to put on our mobster hats and flapper dresses and walk around the venue, which will be made over with vintage photographs and period stylings- and perhaps take some pictures ourselves in the photo booth.

There will be food for purchase as well, but the drinks are free with your admission. And it’s quite a list- whiskeys from Templeton Rye and Tullamore Dew, Rough Rider and Angel’s Envy, beers including breweries like Sarnac, Empire, Kona, and Broken Bow. VIPs get an extra early hour of tasting and only have to pay an extra $10 for the privilege- $60 instead of the $50 general badge. Tickets are available now, online directly, and we suggest picking up yours soon!

Tags: , , , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Appleā€™s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑