Quantcast

all 2011eventbbtheater_3

Published on January 24th, 2012 | by Greg

0

NYC Winter Wine Fest: Biggest Tasting Of The Season!

Noth­ing helps get us through the New York win­ter nights like a nice glass of red wine. And though the re­gion might not be the best place in the world to grow grapes, it is one of the bright­est spots to taste wine, thanks to a wide va­ri­ety of hip bars and great vi­no shops. The down­side with buy­ing wine is that you’re go­ing to be do­ing it a glass or bot­tle at a time- but tast­ing events pro­vide a great way to ex­plore en­tire re­gions and styles of wine quick­ly, help­ing you find your fa­vorites and sam­ple new and dif­fer­ent vin­tages.

The biggest win­ter wine tast­ing event in New York City, the NYC Win­ter Wine Fest is com­ing to Times Square on Febru­ary 4th, bring­ing over 200 wines from a dozen coun­tries to­geth­er in one place. Two ses­sions help en­sure that you’ll ac­tu­al­ly be able to try what you want- there is an af­ter­noon event from 3-6PM and an evening one as well from 8-11PM. As they say, there will be “great Zin­fan­dels from
Cal­i­for­nia… Su­per Tus­cans from Italy… full-bod­ied Bor­deaux from France… and some fan­tas­tic wines
from Latin Amer­i­ca”.

The event has sold out for the last two years, and the wine class­es are al­ready sold out for this year- so get your tick­ets soon! They run $79 per per­son, which is in­ex­pen­sive when you con­sid­er the wine it­self, much less the light hors d’oeu­vres and the live jazz. A video from last year’s event is avail­able on­line, and we can’t wait to check out wines from around the world just min­utes from our doorstep in Man­hat­tan.

Save the date: Febru­ary 4th!

Tags: , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Apple’s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑